Specialties: Brokerage of development land, investment and end-user sales, end-user representation, leasing & consulting.
Scope of Service Experience
Jake has broad brokerage and consulting experience. Past and current assignments include: mixed-use, master planned communities, multifamily, retail, industrial, medical, hospitality, self-storage, land for single family subdivisions, independent living, assisted living, memory care and office. He has brokered numerous types of transactions including: development land, investment sales, existing building sales & leasing, end-user transactions, build-to-suits, etc.
Background & Experience
Jake was born and raised in Colorado Springs. He has called Fort Collins home since he moved to the area to attend Colorado State University in 2004. Jake has over 10 years of experience in brokerage throughout northern Colorado and into the Denver metro area. Prior to starting his career in commercial real estate with Chrisland, Inc. in 2008, Jake served as Assistant Project Manager for Peak 7 Construction, LLC, a Breckenridge, Colorado based general contracting arm of a resort development and management company. While at Peak 7 Construction, Jake worked on the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, a $100,000,000 time share project located in Breckenridge.
Jake also enjoys volunteering. He has been involved with several local non-profits, including Neighbor to Neighbor, Inc., a Larimer County focused affordable housing organization. Jake has a passion for the affordable housing industry and he believes that a stable home is the foundation for a family's or individual's overall happiness, health, prosperity and success.
Outside of the office, Jake enjoys traveling, sporting events (particularly CSU Rams football and basketball games and Denver Broncos football games), the outdoors and spending time with family, friends and his girlfriend, Angela.
Jake is a graduate of the Colorado State University College of Business where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Real Estate and Financial Planning concentrations and Construction Management minor). Jake went on to obtain a Master of Science degree in Real Estate and Construction Management from the Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management at the University of Denver, where he was honored as the 2011 Society of Office and Industrial Realtors (SIOR) Scholarship award winner and the 2012 Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Scholarship award winner.
Professional Associations & Designations
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM);
- Urban Land Institute Colorado Executive Committee, Multifamily Product Council, and NoCo Committee Co-Chairman;
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers;
- Member, Generation United, a United Way of Larimer County Initiative;
- Member, Colorado State University’s Everitt Real Estate Center;
- Member, Northern Colorado Commercial Association of Realtors;
- Institute Affiliate Member, National Association of Realtors;
- Member of the Northern Colorado Business Report’s 2013 40 Under Forty list, which honors 40 professionals under the age of forty for their professional and community contributions; and
- Member, Alpha Sigma Gamma, The International Real Estate Honorary Society.