Specialties: Investment, Office
Scope of Service Experience
Specialty within the commercial real estate field involves the sale and leasing of investment properties.
Background & Experience
Mr. Merin is a commercial real estate expert with a broad background in all phases of commercial real estate work, including investment sales, tenant representation, site acquisition, development consulting, corporate facilities, and industrial facilities. Mr. Merin’s specialty within the commercial real estate field involves the sale and leasing of office and retail facilities. Over the past 20 years, Mr. Merin has represented both owners and tenants in over 30,000,000 square feet of property negotiations representing over $7 billion in real estate transactions. Mr. Merin is the founder and Chairman of NAI Merin Hunter Codman, Inc., a property management company in West Palm Beach is currently responsible for managing 5,000,000 square feet of office and retail space and, in addition, is the largest commercial real estate firm in Palm Beach County.
Mr. Merin is a graduate of Deerfield Academy and Boston University’s School of Management. He was contributing editor and developer of the Code of Ethics for the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, has authored numerous articles on commercial real estate and is the co-author of several professional books on tenant representation and commercial real estate practices.
Professional Associations & Designations
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Advisory Board of National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) South Florida Chapter
- The Palm Beach County Planning Commission Board of Directors of the Chamber of the Palm Beaches
- Board of Directors of the Economic Council of Palm Beaches
- Chair of the Palm Beach County Property Review Committee
- Board Member of the Business Development Board of Palm Beach County
- Regional Board of Directors of the American Red Cross Palm Beaches-Treasure Coast
- Adjunct Professor of Real Estate Studies at Florida Atlantic University
- Honorary member of the Palm Beach Advisory Board for Easter Seals Florida and an Honorary Co-Chairman for Get Down to Business
- Board Member of the Anti Defamation League of Palm Beach